shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Wednesday, October 19, 2011


One of the great things about selling on eBay for 10 years was meeting some awesome people who shared the same collecting obsession(s) I do. My main focus during those years was re-collecting all the stickers I had when I was a kid. Many of these fellow diehard collectors have remained as contacts, a handful are online friends, a few I've actually been lucky enough to meet, and one actually happens to live in my neighborhood in Seattle...just a few blocks away. You never know what goes on behind closed doors! Not only does she love the same 1980s stickers, but she also happens to be an artist-entrepreneur, and a very successful one at that!

Angela Driscoll, along with her husband, Charlie, own Driscoll Design, an award-winning card and paper goods studio based in Seattle. Angela has an incredible knack for combining vintage images (most from the 1920s to 1960s) and typography into a nostalgic yet fresh, modern, and playful style. And she hand-embellishes each card so perfectly with just the tiniest accents of glitter. She also creates calendars, journals, and even matchboxes...with color-coordinated matches!

Driscoll Design cards can be found in paper and gift stores around the country...and globe!...and even at Anthropologie, no less! (My dream stockist!) Angela's cards and paper goods have also been featured in books and magazines, including Martha Stewart Living, Instyle, and Harper's Bazaar.

Lately Angela has been experimenting with watercolors and has come up with a new line of cards using the watercolor illustrations to add a new dimension to her collages. Here's a peak at some cards from the new line!




I follow Angela's work daily, as her success continues to be an inspiration for me on my adventure into the indie craft world. Check out all of Driscoll Design's product line, visit their shop, and read the latest on their blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home