shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Monday, April 8, 2013

I Wish I Had Done That!

If you're not familiar with it already, I'd like to introduce you to the work of one of my favorite Spoonflower designers, Tina Vey, a.k.a 'ottomanbrim'. An illustrator based in New York City, Tina worked in the textile industry years ago. I first saw her work appear on Spoonflower about a year ago and each week I am blown away by her contest entries, filing them away in my brain under "I Wish I Had Done That!" Tina is influenced by art and design from the 1920s through the '70s--you might notice some references to Art Deco, Midcentury Modern, and Marimekko. She likes to say that she's just obsessed with drawing circles, but the fact that she remains true to her style is an inspiration to me. I could fill the next couple lines with a stream-of-consciousness of glowing adjectives, but I'll let her work speak for itself. You can view more of Tina's designs, and purchase fabric, in her Spoonflower shop. She also has prints, greeting cards, iPhone cases, throw pillows, and more, available in her Society6 shop.


LEFT: Mod in America; RIGHT: Cones Descending a Staircase


LEFT: Candy; RIGHT: I'm a Leo


LEFT: Bloom; RIGHT: Acacia Pod


LEFT: Emma; RIGHT: Emu


LEFT: Sweetheart; RIGHT: Girlfriend


LEFT: Lions and Lambs—Oh My!; RIGHT: Floral Dots

2 comments:

cat and vee xoxo said...

how awesome are you, sharing these gorgeous designs! love the I'm a Leo, Emu and Lions and Lambs the most, but they are just all very fab, love finding a new Spoonflower shop!

I just saw on the True Up blog, under the heading Robert Kaufman and Fabric8 - they are on the hunt for new designers, and the design theme is Geek Chic!! Submissions close 24 April. Pop over and have a look if you are interested.

Can't wait to properly get back into sewing now that I'm nearly done with the endless ironing. How's your ironed stash looking - isn't it great to be able to actually see everything that you can sew with. hope all's well. x

penny candy handmade said...

Sorry to add more fuel to the fire! I don't even have any projects planned, but just want her fabric in my stash! ;-)

I have been doing some new designs for Fabric8. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Amazing that it has the Geek Chic theme!

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home