shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Monday, June 17, 2013

Richard Scarry Is Golden

I found this Rabbit and His Friends Little Golden Book while thrifting recently, and bought it not only because it was written and illustrated by Richard Scarry (1953), but because my son is obsessed with platypuses (platypi?), thanks to Perry the Platypus from "Phineas and Ferb". Anyway, I thought I would share with you a couple of my favorite pages: the title page, with some chalk lettering (!), and the last page, which features a poster set in several kinds of wood type.




2 comments:

Lauren said...

So funny that Finn is liking Perry the Platypus. When I got my sewing machine I made each of the boys a "softie" out of felt. Clark wanted a Perry so I made a pattern and sewed one up for him!
Looking forward to seeing you guys again! Lauren

penny candy handmade said...

Hey, Lauren! Yes, Finn LOVES Perry! He plays the Where's My Perry game on the iPad constantly. What a GREAT idea to make a plush Perry! You are so creative. I have a whole bunch of felt from an estate sale--I'll have to draw up a big Perry and give it a try! Maybe I could get a new sewing machine in order to do it, too... ;-) Glad to have you all back in the NW again!!!

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home