shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Fabric8 Finals Are Here: Get Your Geek On!

After a couple stressful weeks of designing more patterns for my Fabric8 Finals entry, and then the even more agonizing process of choosing the final three coordinates (thanks to the couple wonderful fellow designers/sewists/confidants for your critiques), voting has finally begun for the competition!

What exactly is "Geek Chic" anyway? To me, "Geek Chic" could be defined as "dorky and cool at the same time." And it seems kind of dorky-yet-cool to go back to using analog cameras now when digital cameras and apps for processing and sharing are the mainstream, and so easy to use. For the final collection (pictured below), I chose to digitally create coordinates that would both contrast and complement the hand-illustrated "Make It Snappy!" design. You will find both camera-related imagery and geeky elements, brought together with an underlying retro/vintage theme, with references to the 1950s through the '80s.

So if you like my collection, please take a few moments to vote for it using this link. I know, I know--the semi-final round had you searching for my entry among an amazing group of 100 designs. Well, this time there are only eight, count 'em 8, designers' collections to choose from. Competition is fierce at this point, and my fate is now in your hands (feel the power?). I thank you whole-heartedly in advance for your support!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just voted for your designs... they're wonderful!

penny candy handmade said...

Thank you so much, Kelly! And also for checking out my blog!

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home