shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Eek! Week: Vintage Halloween Stickers

Those of you who follow me regularly know that sticker collecting was my obsession in the early '80s...and then again in the early 2000s. I'm still trying to fill holes in that 1980s collection and frequently check eBay and Etsy for new listings. Today I thought I would share some 1970s and '80s Halloween stickers.

These first examples were made by Hallmark and include sheets with the Peanuts Gang and the Muppets.







The sealed pack of Trend scratch and sniff stickers in "Bone" and "Cave" scents is about 32 years old, yet I could still smell the scents when I took the pack out of its protective sleeve to scan it. I can remember finding these in Chicago, and my sister and I just couldn't believe Trend actually knew what bones and caves smelled like. (The "Bone" skeleton stickers smell like dirt; the "Cave" bat stickers smell like burning wood.) Below the Trend pack are promotional scratch and sniff stickers. In 1984, you could find a pack of three at the bottom of your box of Booberry, Count Chocula, or Frankenberry cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home